MUST HAVES FOR BOYD7SCIENCE:
These are musts everyday for science class. I do not provide these at any time.
The following I try and provide until they get broken or taken. They make life much easier, so bringing your own would be awesome!
ear buds--I don't provide these
Students will need to get a locker for their to store their things. There is no need to bring a bag into class. With our numbers growing, we have more students, more desks and more chairs. Bags have become a safety hazard. GET A LOCKER!!!!
I was introduced to Classroom Screen through a science Facebook group last spring. I can't wait to utilize it this coming school year. It has multiple widgets on one screen with awesome backgrounds!
@alicekeeler posted on Twitter how to personalize headers in Google Classroom. This can actually be used several different ways. One way, can be for website headers. Alice has provided a template to start using for the headers. Make a copy here. If you want great technology tips and short cuts, @alicekeeler is the person to follow to get everything you need and tips you didn't know you needed!
Follow the steps here:
1. Make a copy of the template Use the above link to create a copy of Alice's Google Drawing template.
2. Right Click-Right click on the drawing canvas to choose “Background” and click on “Gradient.” Choose the gradient color you want to start with.
3. Right Click again- you want to customize the gradient. After choosing the gradient to start with you want to click on “Custom.”
4. Decide Type of Gradient-Once you choose “Custom” there are many options to choose from. Choose Radial or Linear and the direction you want the gradient to go.
5. Click on Gradient Stops-To change the start and end color of the gradient you want to click on the gradient stop on the left and then right side of the color line. Change the color with the paint can.
6. Add a Gradient Stop-Notice the plus icon that allows you to add a gradient stop. This will add a circle to the color line. DRAG THE CIRCLE to adjust the placement of the gradient stop.
Click on the paint can to choose a different color.
7. Add More Gradient Stops-Add as many gradient stops that you want. If you want tye-die or rainbow, add more. I'm not a fan of many colors, I like just 2.
8. Add Your Bitmoji-- This makes it FUN!!! These are great to personalize your headers with. If you have the Bitmoji Chrome extension you can DRAG it onto the drawing.
School begins on Aug. 15th!! Are you ready? The teachers have been working hard to get our rooms and plans ready for the fun to begin. Schedule pick up will be Monday the 13th from 2-7 pm. Drop in at any time to pick yours up.
That evening at 7 pm will be a mandatory athletic meeting for boys and girl athletes. It is for students and their parents. Please bring any paperwork including physicals with you. If you have not already done so, please visit www.rankonesport.com and register your athlete.
We look forward to seeing you all there!
For the first few days of school we will be doing Cougar Camp in all classes to reacquaint everyone with how school goes. As far as school supplies.... for science, you will need:
composition notebook (these are currently $.50 at many stores)--used daily, graded weekly
optional mouse for computer--used daily in all classes
(I will not provide any of the above supplies)
map pencils--used weekly
pencil sharpener--used as needed
ear buds--will be used in multiple classes
(These are provided in class, students may want to have their own.)
The time has arrived!
Friday the students will be showcasing their talents at the 3rd annual Student Showcase. Set up is 5.30, the Showcase begins at 6 and will end at 7. We ask that the students stay until 7 to put away all of the supplies.
There are many great projects, from stop motion, to green screen, to newspapers. Come and see all of the awesomeness that the students have worked on since February!
See you there.
The time has arrived! We started looking at how we can tie in science with genius hour at the end of February.